Health & Safety Consulting
At Hesscon, we’re passionate about getting occupational health and safety implemented in all companies – and doing it in a way that’s painless for our clients. We use a 9-step approach (illustrated alongside) to asses risk, establish and meet training needs, and measure progress.
All safety packages are tailor made to your business needs and budget – whether you are a large corporate or a small owner-run operation.
Our goal is to ensure that all employers understand and adhere to their responsibilities with regard to the OSH Act. For example many small business owners are surprised to learn that if you have more than two staff members, you are required by law to have a safety file. For small, low risk businesses, this is can be a simple and inexpensive exercise – but if it is not in place, you run the risk of falling foul of the law.
Click here for a full list of employer responsibilities, explained in laymen’s terms.
Health & Safety Consultation
We’re here to help you implement effective and legal health and safety procedures at your office, factory or other business premises. Call Hesscon for:
- OHS Assessments
- Development of Safety Management Systems (Manual or Electronic)
- Root Cause Analysis
- Disaster Management Plans
- Evacuation Plans
- Manage and monitor clients/principal contractor’s safety compliance for contract period
- Construction safety programmes and site management
- Development of Standard/Safe Wok Procedures
- Gap analysis on Training and Skills Development for OHS
Health & Safety Compliance
Make sure your company is ready to pass any OSH Act safety check – let Hesscon check your business or construction site for compliance, issue safety certificates and compile a legal safety file or system tailored to your needs.
- Site survey and business audits for OHS Act Compliance
- Construction site compliance audits
- Issue Safety Certificates of Compliance (COC)
- Safety Files and systems (Construction/Manufacturing)
Did you know that carelessly discarded oily or paint smeared rags can pose a fire risk? Do you know, and follow, correct storage and handling procedures for hazardous chemicals and other substances? Is your equipment properly maintained to avoid risk to employees? Let Hesscon identify risk areas and develop systems to manage them effectively.
- Fire Risk Assessments
- Hazard Identification and Risk Assessments
- Conduct, evaluate and monitor Project Risk assessment action plans and implementation
Incident & Accident Investigations
Sometimes, despite your best efforts, accidents happen. Thorough investigation is important to identify vulnerabilities and put additional systems in place to prevent a repeat. Hesscon has vast experience in identifying system and procedures vulnerabilities and developing additional safeguards to protect lives and property.
- Full investigation into accidents or incidents
- Expert advice on implementing additional safeguards and systems
International Occupational Safety Certificates
Hesscon is an accredited British Safety Council Training Centre in South Africa, offering the ICertOSH British Safety Council training courses – an internationally recognised qualification for people with responsibility for aspects of health and safety in the workplace, or those wanting to explore a career in the health and safety industry.
- ICertOsh International Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety (Tech Iosh Status)
- Fire Risk Assessment Level 2
- Safety for supervisors Level 2
- Risk Assessments Level 2
Click here for more information on courses available.
Health & Safety Training
Hesscon offers the full suite of training in all aspects of health & safety, as well as customer service training and other soft skills. Click here for more information about our various training courses.
- First Aid Level 1
- Fire Fighting
- H & S Rep
- Disaster Evacuation Training
- Permit to work
- Ladder Safety
- Induction Training
- OHS Principles
- Accident Incident
- HIRA – Hazard Identification Risk Assessment
- 16.2 H & S Responsibility
- Lock out/Tag out
- PPE Awareness
- Tool Box Talks
- Confined Space Training