HIV/Aids Awareness Training
Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of HIV/AIDS in a workplace, and its effects on a business sub-sector, own organization and a specific workplace
Unit Standard Id: 13915
Course Duration: Half Day
NQF LEVEL: 3
Purpose of the Unit Standard
This unit standard provides a broad introduction to HIV/AIDS in the workplace. It introduces a broad case of knowledge about HIV/AIDS that will enable learners to be informed and caring workers in an industry. The focus is knowledge, skills, values and attitudes in relation to the learner`s own context and experience of the world of work.
- Know and understand HIV/AIDS and its effects on the human immune system
- Know and understand how HIV/AIDS is transmitted
- Know what behavior is safe and what behavior carries the risk of HIV transmission
- Know what guidelines and assistance are available to support workers with HIV/AIDS
- Know and understand the implications of the HIV/AIDS pandemic
The qualifying learner is capable of:
- Understanding the effects of HIV/AIDS on the immune system.
- Knowing how HIV/AIDS is transmitted.
- Knowing what behavior is safe and what behavior caries the risk of HIV/AIDS transmission.
- Knowing what guidelines and assistance are available to support workers with HIV/AIDS and recognize own role in creating a caring work environment.
- Understanding the implications of the HIV/AIDS pandemic for society, the economy, a business sub-sector, an organization and a specific workplace.